CAF Arizona Wing’s B-17 ‘Sentimental Journey’- 2012 Tour Stop
In 2005 the Arizona Wing of the Commemorative Air Force brought their B-17 ‘Sentimental Journey’ to us for the first time… and by all accounts HFM and Bellingham set the new standard for excellence at a tour stop! They have come back every other year since then, and our little town and museum continues to impress!
2012 will be their fifth visit, and we’re excited to be having them back. The two-and-a-half days that they are here offering tours and flights in the beautifully restored and crewed aircraft, stretch our facilities to the max. In 2009 we put 2500 people through the museum in one weekend! AND they sold out every single revenue flight that they had room in the schedule for!
As with all of our other events, it takes a lot of energy and funds to make things happen. Our two biggest needs for their 2012 visit are hotel room sponsors (5 double-occupancy rooms for 4 nights) and aviation fuel sponsors (800 gallons = $4800). If you, your company, your neighborhood, Boy/Girl Scout troop, Veteran’s association, etc are interested in sponsoring, please contact us: 360.733.4422 or email@example.com.
- Thanks to Silver Reef Hotel, Casino & Spa for sponsoring the crew accommodations in 2012!!
- Thanks to Roger Jobs Motors providing the 2011 and 2012 crews with vehicles during their stay!
- Thanks to Dave & Mary Lynne Courtney for sponsoring the crew accommodations in 2011!
- Tour Dates: arriving ** Friday July 6**, departing Monday, 9 July. To contact the ride coordinator, call 602-448-9415
- Thursday – ARRIVAL DELAYED TO FRIDAY – 11AM
- Friday - ARRIVING 11AM, MEDIA FLIGHT followed by aircraft tours & flights (reserve your seat here)
- Saturday – Open 9am-6pm, aircraft tours & flights (reserve your seat here)
- Sunday – Open 9am-6pm, aircraft tours & flights (reserve your seat here)
- Monday – limited hours, last-minute flights & tours, prepare for departure at 10am
- Admission: free to HFM, $5 to tour the CAF aircraft, $425-850 for 30 minute flight in the B-17. (reserve your seat here)
- Location: Heritage Flight Museum ramp @ Bellingham Airport. Click here for a map.
- Parking: Handicap only & drop off in the small HFM lot, free parking on the grass at NE corner of Mitchell Way & Bakerview, $1/hour in any of the Port’s airport parking lots (first 30 minutes free.) 2011 Special Event Parking PDF showing our location and parking areas.
- Food/Drinks: the glorious and delicious StrEAT Food will be on site Saturday and Sunday!