The Heritage Flight Museum is moving to Skagit Regional Airport, opening in the Spring of 2014.
Driving In :: Click here for Google Map
- Interstate 5 to Exit 230, then turn west onto Hwy 20.
- Turn right onto Higgins Airport Way.
- Turn left onto Crosswind Dr.
- HFM is located on the right.
Flying In :: Click here for KBVS on AirNav
- KBVS can be found on a Seattle sectional chart
- 5478′ primary runway 29/11, uncontrolled
- 3000′ crosswind runway 04/22 (HFM is located abeam this runway)
- CTAF/UNICOM – 123.075, WX AWOS-3: 121.125 (360-757-7767), Whidbey approach – 120.7
Open Hours & Fly Days
New hours will be determined once we are settled in and open in 2014. Fly Days will be suspended until February 2014.
Fly Days are held on the third Saturday of every month from 12-4pm. Weather permitting, HFM’s pilots and ground crews try to put out at least one flight per hour. These flights are non-aerobatic, but include passes over the airfield as fit in with the other general aviation and commercial traffic at Bellingham.
Because this is a flying museum, some of the aircraft may be away at an airshow… however there are always other museum aircraft and displays to see.
Admission to the museum is ‘by donation’ – $5/adult, $3/child
The Museum holds additional Fly Days on some national holidays. See our calendar for more information.
Heritage Flight Museum also hosts a couple of annual events during the year. Click on the events below to learn more about them:
- Warbird Weekend 2010 :: 1st weekend in June
- CAF Arizona Wing B-17 ‘Sentimental Journey’ :: Dates vary
- Props & Ponies – Bellingham’s Mustang-Mustang Show :: 3rd Saturday in August
Where to Stay
Are you, or someone you know, coming to town overnight? Whether it’s for a special event, to visit the museum, or something else entirely, consider staying overnight in a local hotel. There’s a lot to see and do for the whole family in Skagit County. As we settle in we’ll provide a list of area hotels that we work with regularly, in the mean time you can visit the Burlington Chamber of Commerce web site!