The Heritage Flight Museum is located at Bellingham International Airport in Bellingham, Washington; approximately 80 miles north of Seattle, WA and 50 miles south of Vancouver, BC. Visitors can drive or fly to the museum.
Driving In :: Click here for Google Map
- Interstate 5 to Exit 258, then turn west, following signs to the airport.
- Turn right onto Airport/Mitchell Way.
- HFM is located on the left/west side of the road, south of the terminal and the control tower.
Flying In :: Click here for KBLI on AirNav
- KBLI can be found on a Seattle sectional chart
- 6700′ runway 34/16, tower controlled dawn-dusk
- ATIS – 134.45, Ground – 127.4, Tower – 124.9
- Please make a reservation with one of the FBO’s, especially during our big events, so that proper ramp planning can be done!
Open Hours & Fly Days
The Museum is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from noon-4pm (with some exceptions on holidays & holiday weekends.) Visitors can expect to see a varied selection of WWII, Korean and Vietnam-era aircraft – depending on what is currently on the ground in Bellingham – in addition to memorabilia and other informative displays.
Fly Days are held on the third Saturday of every month from 12-4pm. Weather permitting, HFM’s pilots and ground crews try to put out at least one flight per hour. These flights are non-aerobatic, but include passes over the airfield as fit in with the other general aviation and commercial traffic at Bellingham.
Because this is a flying museum, some of the aircraft may be away at an airshow… however there are always other museum aircraft and displays to see.
Where to Stay
Are you, or someone you know, coming to town overnight? Whether it’s for a special event, to visit the museum, or something else entirely, these local hotels support HFM by offering special rates to our visitors and fans! If you mention us or our rate, we get recognized as the reason for the hotel stay and you get a sweet deal… and that’s REALLY good for both of us!
- Hampton Inn – (360) 676-7700 – Closest to the airport, and the folks we always turn to during our events. Free airport shuttle, close to Bakerview restaurants & shopping. Offering a 12% off Best Available Rate discount. Click here to make your reservation with this discount.
- Silver Reef Hotel-Casino-Spa – (866) 383-0777 – Another wonderful supporter of HFM events, the Silver Reef is a complete package – hotel, casino, restaurants, spa and only a few minutes from the airport.
- Best Western Heritage Inn – (360) 647-1912 – 5 minutes up the freeway with a free airport shuttle. Located within walking distance of Bellis Fair Mall, shops & restaurants. Offering June-August rate of $119/night, September-May rate of $99/night.
- Holiday Inn Express – (360) 671-4800 – Close to Bellis Fair Mall and other retailers and restaurants, HI Express also has a free shuttle to the airport. Offering a rate of $84/night.
- Econolodge Inn & Suites – (360) 671-4600 – conveniently located within walking distance of the Bellis Fair Mall, numerous restaurants and retailers. A Park & Fly package includes round trip shuttle to the airport & 7 days free parking. Offering a 10% discount off any room during any season!